I knew for the longest time that the color was Teal, I never thought too much about it though. Until I came across a great friend from the "September 2012 wives" group, Britt. She fought Ovarian cancer and is now fighting to make more people aware of the "silent symptoms".
For the next week Britt is on a journey to Tanzania to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for Ovarian cancer, for the Expedition of Hope I am so proud of all she has over come trying to get the word out about this specific cancer and she is so strong! Before she left she posted a travel schedule for the climb.
![]() |
| Map showing the routes that they will climb. Source of picture unknown. |
Mon. Sept. 23 (Day 1): Moshi to Nale Muru to Simba Camp
Tues. Sept. 24 (Day 2): Simba Camp to Second Cave
Wed. Sept. 25 (Day 3): Second Cave to Third Cave...
Thurs. Sept. 26 (Day 4): Third Cave to Kibo Huts
Fri. Sept. 27 (Day 5): Summit Day! Kibo Huts to Uhuru Peak, reach summit after sunrise
Sat. Sept. 28 (Day 6): Horombo Huts to Marangu Gate
Thurs. Sept. 26 (Day 4): Third Cave to Kibo Huts
Fri. Sept. 27 (Day 5): Summit Day! Kibo Huts to Uhuru Peak, reach summit after sunrise
Sat. Sept. 28 (Day 6): Horombo Huts to Marangu Gate
![]() |
| Britt and her husband Jano(he is doing the climb with her) and this is Mt. Kilimanjaro |
I live in a small town Coal City, IL and our town had hung up teal ribbons for "Turn the Town Teal". To help bring the community together and bring awareness for Ovarian Caner.
![]() |
| My nephew proudly showing off one of the neighborhood ribbons. |
After seeing the support that my comunity showed for the month of September to try to bring awareness, I thought "could I get a couple Teal ribbons for myself"? That I did, two of them. I tried to hang them on the posts on my porch but I did not cut them long enough, so I tied them on my flower pots.
Until I met Britt, I did not even give this a second thought. I now show my support for her and for all that have been affected by Ovarian cancer and for all that have fought this battle. For more information on "Turn the Town Teal" visit here. Spread the word, this is a silent killer and we need to make more woman aware.










No comments:
Post a Comment