Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

To be 5 again...

As my nephew and I set out on a bike ride through our small town Coal City, IL to go to Dollar General and pick up AA batteries, I bet he never thought he would be sitting in a combine, on a farm, helping plow some corn.  
We took another water break, probably our 5th one in 5 minutes and it was at a corn field where a combine was plowing the corn field.  We stood and watched as the farmer plowed the field and then spit all the kernals into the little bins.  Then the farmer drove the tractor over to us, opened his door "do you want to ride with me and plow the corn"?  I wish I had my camera to have captured his face at that very moment when he looked up at me and said "can I Ti-Ti"?  There he went, he got to ride and plow 8 rows in the combine.  When he was done and the farmer helped him out he came running down to me and said "that was the coolest ever".  He shook the farmers hand, said "thank you" and we rode off.  

 
Collin and I do tons of stuff, tons of 5 year old stuff.  He is my best little friend.  
here we are at the park
A quick recap of  C and I, he turned 5 on the 29th of August, this was my picture tribute to the best aunt and nephew relationship ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment