Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pinterest canvas project

So I attempted a Pinterest project last night.  I was feeling very ambitious and thought "this is going to be awesome and I can not wait".   Then I entered Hobby Lobby and went on a crafters over load, my Pinterest would not load on my phone and realized I was in way over my head. 

I wandered around the store for a little over an hour with my girlfriend while we gathered supplies for her project and then I said "I think I will just wing it".  

I was wanting to do a large canvas, with vinyl stickers and paint the canvas in a teal.  After much realization of the possible cost of all the craft supplies and was having crafters remorse before it was even purchased.  The vinyl bird stickers were $24.99, the canvas was $22.99 and I still had to buy paint. Then we stumbled upon the 2 pack canvases for $3.99, they were significantly smaller than I wanted, but it would be a good practice.  But what to do about the vinyl birds?  I found an awesome stencil and figured it would work out well.  
Here is what I wanted....
Here is what I made...


Simple steps 
1. Paint canvas to desired color
2. let dry and then apply stencil and paint stencil
3. let dry and hang where you want. 


I will be on the look out for Hobby Lobby to have the vinyl birds and canvases on sale, that way I can try the actual canvas project I wanted. 

I am very pleased with the results and it is currently hanging in my bedroom.

Check out other Pinterest projects here

2 comments:

  1. Well I think it looks great. I see so many Pinterest "fails" that it's nice to see a project that turned out well. :)

    - Ronni
    anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I look forward to trying the actual project, I went to Hobby Lobby today and of course the vinyls are on sale but they did not have the birds. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!

      Delete